Position description – Marketing Coordinator, Ventura Press
Ventura Press, one of Sydney’s leading independent publishers, is seeking a passionate and creative Marketing Coordinator to oversee the promotion of our local fiction and non-fiction books.
Working closely with our small team and authors, the successful applicant will be responsible for seeing a book campaign through its entire life, from reading manuscripts and brainstorming marketing and publicity plans, through to development and execution.
- Writing persuasive book blurbs, author bios, sales points, media releases and announcements
- Design of promotional materials including web banners, social media tiles, catalogues and flyers
- Providing support to our publicity agency with PR campaigns, including media pitches, follows ups and book send-out strategy
- Organising events including book launches, library talks and pitching to writers festivals
- Managing and updating our website and social media channels with new releases, endorsements, news and events
Key Selection Criteria:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of creativity and design skills
- Thrive in a small team environment, and comfortable working closely with authors, our sales team and publicity agency
- Able to work autonomously and with excellence of execution (you care about the small details)
- Passionate about books and promoting established and emerging Australian authors
- A good-humoured and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and various CMS (particularly Squarespace)
- Applicants with relevant marketing and publicity experience in the book industry will be highly regarded
Applications must include a response to Key Selection Criteria, and be received by 5pm on Friday 17 August. To apply please email Jane Curry at email@example.com.
This is a part-time role, three days per week, based in Sydney and reporting to the Director/Publisher and Managing Editor. The role will commence in early September.